A guest article by Joe Gullo. You too can be part of this great knowledge sharing community. Take a look at our guest blogging guidelines.
Blogging is an excellent tool to establish expertise in a particular subject. Blogs offer you the ability to connect with readers from all over the world.
Getting readers on your blog takes hard work, dedication, and time. Blogging also requires you to have a plan. A tactic. Half the battle is proving that you know what you’re talking about and establishing yourself as an expert. If you do not know what you’re talking about on your blog, then what value does your blog have to the reader?
If you want to be an expert, act like one!
Here are 5 ways to prove yourself in your niche and keep those readers coming back for more.
- Take it slow. It’s going to take time to establish yourself in your particular niche. Depending on your niche, there may be hundreds of websites that are writing or blogging about the same thing. When you’re the new kid on the block, people are going to be waiting to see if you really know what you’re talking about. It also takes time for search engines to realize that you’re blog is out there.
- Keep updating. Do not get discouraged at first by the lack of visitors. Update as often as you can, but also remember to have something to say. Do not blog for the hits. If you do, it will reflect in your writing. To maximize exposure you want to understand your audience and when they are reading your material. If your readers love graphics, then may be you would want more graphic posts. Try video blogging or having guest blogging on your website. By finding the right balance by keeping your website updated you’ll provide fresh content for your readers.
- Offer something new. How are you setting yourself apart from the competition? How are you setting yourself apart from the competition? Can you teach someone something? People are always willing to learn whether it is through expanding technological knowledge through IT video training or how to bake a German Chocolate Cake, every industry has room for you to provide value to your audience. Innovative delivery techniques are a great way to show you are an expert in your field. While the others are posting about “x” why not post something the industry could use. What’s something that would make it easier for people to do their jobs?
- Get off the computer. Hard to believe when you are writing and posting content using a computer. Sometimes going to conferences or looking toward your community will help you develop offline contacts. Sharing your website and blog with your contacts will help promote your blog and also help build your credibility. It also demonstrates to people that you are passionate about the field you’re blogging about. You’re not just writing about it, you’re going out there and actually practicing what you’re writing about.
- Blogging Idea: You can also attend a conference and blog about it through text, pictures, and video. This is a good way to prove to people online (people you may not be able to network with in person) that you’re active in your niche.
- Link and use industry drivers. What organization, company, group has a powerful influence in your niche? Find out. Use them as a tool to help you connect with others both online and offline. These industry drivers also offer key terminology and current events and news that are going on in your niche. Also linking and announcing information about recent studies in your niche may also be helpful to establishing expertise on your blog.