This is a guest article by Kip Keilty. Join the discussion and voice your opinion by following our guest blogging guidelines.
Bloggers like you want to earn a living from their work and possibly even become famous. Building a blogging career that takes you from being a beginner blogger into the cream of the crop takes a lot of time, patience, and hard work, but it is possible to realize your dream. To help you accomplish the most from your efforts, here are 7 of the best tools for aspiring probloggers.
1. Wikimedia Commons – As creative property becomes more carefully guarded by its owners, bloggers face increasing pressure to avoid illegal use of images online. This means that more people are demanding that bloggers obtain permission to use the images used on their sites. Some Web users are scouring the Web looking for people to sue over images used without permission. Wikimedia Commons offers a huge repository of photographs and other images that are available for general royalty-free use (usually with attribution) that you can use without fear.
2. Akismet – Years ago, the government supposedly outlawed spam, but the problem has only worsened. Spam is not just in your inbox anymore: it is everywhere, including your blog. Whether you are spammed with users and fake contributors or if you are spammed with thousands of comments about tinnitus and sexual potency, Akismet is there on the front lines with you to help reduce the amount of spam you have to deal with. With solutions to equip more than 20 different blogging platforms and computer systems, Akismet gives you the upper hand in the fight against spam.
3. Photoshop online – Serious bloggers depend on creating interesting content, and that requires image editing and optimization. You want your users to have a good experience at your blog, so you want to make sure that the images you show them are not only legal, but that they are optimized to load quickly into their browser. Photoshop online gives you the power associated with the premium image editor at your fingertips via any Web browser wherever you are.
4. The All in One SEO plugin for WordPress – This is one of the most popular blog plugins because it automates the task of preparing blog posts for SEO discovery. Bloggers using the plugin configure it once and then let it do its job. The time saved in optimizing blogs for the search engines is used by serious bloggers for better things such as content preparation.
5. Sniplets – Sniplets is an essential tool for creating dynamic content within a post on a WordPress blog. With this plug-in you can dynamically replace text in your blog with text, code, or other content that is found somewhere else. This relieves much of the burden bloggers have to keep fresh content on their blog. Sniplets can also be used to brand RSS feeds to prevent unauthorized use of your content.
6. Shareaholic – This popular service gives users an easier way to share online content among their social networks. In fact, with just one mouse click, more than one hundred services can be instantly updated with online content. This is a tool that bloggers use to share content that interests them, but bloggers should encourage their users to use Shareaholic as well. It is fun, but it also gives users a new, easier way to spread the word about your blog.
7. Screencast – If you want to spice up your posts then consider Screencast, a place to store videos and make them accessible to other users on the Web. You can get a free 2 GB account for free, or pay $99.95 for a year of video hosting services that come with 25 GB of storage.
The Internet is full of great tools that will help you as you pursue your dream of being a problogger. These are just 7 of the best tools for aspiring probloggers that will get you started on your quest.