Being focused is very difficult and people try to regain their focus by meditation or yoga, but a few are able to achieve it. Once you reach the focus or you are focused all the time, then you start tasting the sweetness of success.
Niche blogging is a similar concept and requires complete focus. In niche blogging, the blogger writes on a particular topic and his blog revolves around this topic.
It is difficult to write on a specific topic all the time and that is why niche blogging is not simple. It is harder than it seems. And I am being frank about it, you need to be motivated and productive to survive as a niche blogger.
Many bloggers start as niche bloggers, writing enthusiastically about the topic they love to read (or apparently they think they love it). They write a few articles about it and then after some time they either start writing about the something else, going off topic or they end up quitting their blog.
There are plenty of reasons why this happens, but the main reason behind it is that they have not picked the right niche for them. What I’ve learnt from my blogging experience is that even if you like a subject, it doesn’t mean that you can write about it. Reading and Writing are two very different things. Reading about a topic regularly does not make you an expert in writing about the same topic.
Finding your Niche
- Quick Search : Think about certain topics that you like to read, before starting your blog. Make a list of them and mark off the topics that require a lot of research, for the simple reason that topics that require intense research cannot be continued on a long term basis, at least by most of the lot.
- Experiment : Experimentation is required to mark off the other topics. I had started two blogs before I started this blog. I blogged on two very different niches and I found out that it was becoming really hard to keep up with them and so I started this blog which I still like. Without experimentation, you may not be able to decide the write niche for your blog. It is a bit time consuming, but it is worth the effort.
You might be thinking that why bloggers stress on niche blogging, whereas there are many blogs that don’t have any specific niche, but are still doing really well.
I might answer by the following 3 points
- Become an Expert: It is difficult being an expert in many topics, but it is easier being an expert in one. Through Niche blogging you can easily become an expert in your field. You just need to be consistent and eager to learn and then you can easily become an expert at your niche.
- Building a Reputation: Once you are blogging on a particular niche, then people start reading your articles. As you slowly start improving at your work with experience, people start liking your articles and they eventually start following you and your blog. So, by niche blogging, you are improving your influence in the world wide web.
- More Earnings : Niche Bloggers have an upper hand at making money. Once they become experts at their niche, they start recommending relevant products which help them earn huge sums of money through affiliate incomes. And it is a fact that affiliate earnings can be way bigger than earnings from ad sales or clicks.
I don’t deny that niche blogging is the only option, but is a very viable one. The bottom line is that niche blogging is the pathway to success in blogoshpere.
Are you a Niche Blogger? What do you think of Niche Blogging?