There are blogs and there are blogs but the truth remains the same, whether you believe it or not, all blogs are not the same, there is always a difference between them. Some blogs are power blogs while some are mediocre blogs, some blogs don’t even know what they are talking about… but you know which blog you own. You might not own a power blog yet but taking these tips into practice will produce a great result and will catapult your blog from the mediocre level to the power blog.
- Quality content: This is essential for the success of any blog. In order to be a power blogger your blog must not lack in terms of quality content, your content should add value to the users. Power bloggers don’t just go all over the web to scrape other peoples content, they only write high quality, high standard well thought out articles. You have to have the mindset of impacting your readers through the quality content. You have to separate yourself from the audience, you have to be unique. You shouldn’t only strive on how to get people to visit your website but you should also strive on how to retain those people and make them loyal readers.
- Branding: Yeah! Branding. Just think about many of the popular products out there such as coca cola and the likes, they are all a product of branding. You might say branding is not necessary to build a power blog, but can you ever imagine how it would be if you could just make your readers to be thinking of you almost everywhere they go, won’t you be happy if your readers always have the image of your blog in their head, that is the effect of branding. Branding your website will make your readers to tell others about it even if they don’t want to. “The masters know that branding is the key”. Some people even used branding to get out the negative impression about their products from the head of some people. Brand yourself! Brand your blog!
- Professionalism: Have you ever thought of this: you saw two blogs; one is a .blogspot.com blog while the other is a .com blog, they are in the same niche and they both provide valuable information, which one do you think you will always remember to visit? It is the .com one of course! Take it or not, some people believe free blogs are not quality blogs. Why not sacrifice some bucks and gain that extra trust and gain professionalism for your blog. Self hosted wordpress blogs are the best way to go! Forget about the free hosts; establish yourself, after all, the free host can decide to close down anytime. Don’t think about the benefit you will get now, think about the future!
- Personality: If I may ask, who are you? This particular question rings in the mind of your users. Go to the wordpress plugin page and search for the plugin “count per day”, after some days, go back to the “pages” tab in wordpress and you will discover the most viewed page on your blog is the about page. You don’t need to let your users ask before they know who you are. Include your personality in your blog, get yourself a solid about page. Let it be in such a way that if people meet your content anywhere on the web, they will be able to say “I know this post is written by him”.
- Interaction: Have you ever thought about why you created your blog, or why a blog idea was brought? The main reason behind this is interaction and that is why we have the comment section! Let you readers be able to interact with you, let your readers be able to ask you questions, humbly answer all their questions, make them feel welcomed and they will all help you build a power blog!
Do you have any other tips? We would all like to hear about them in the comments section
This article is a part of the guest blogging contest. If you liked what this article, then help supporting this author by retweeting and commenting on it which will enable the author to win this contest. By the way, you can be a part of the contest, it is still not late 🙂