The Great Social Media Debate : Scheduling Tweets, Good or Bad52 COMMENTS
Twitter has become an important part of people’s life (especially the ones who are internet savvy). Even if one is busy in his work, he still tweets via mobile, that’s the level of addiction twitter has. As one gathers more and more followers and starts engaging, it becomes a really difficult task to balance work and twitter.
The problem lies with the fact that social networking is an endless task and so if a person starts his day with twitter, then he/she is bound to lose time which was required for doing an important job. It has been a problem faced by many and the solution came in the form of scheduling tweets. Through scheduling tweets one can schedule a tweet at a time, when he can do some other job. So is it ethical to schedule tweets? I would like to point some pros and cons of scheduling tweets and then it is your verdict.
Pros of Scheduling Tweets
- Scheduling saves time spent on social media which can be utilized for some other work
- By scheduling tweets at a time when you are usually asleep, you can connect with a large number of twitter followers compared to what you can without scheduling tweets.
- Users that tweet a lot have a habit of tweeting at frequency of 1 tweet/min or even higher which is very harmful for your twitter reputation. So Scheduling can help in spacing out the tweets and maintaining a lower frequency (for eg 1tweet/5mins)
- Scheduling can give you more time to engage. Once you have scheduled the tweets, then you can easily engage with twitter users.
Cons of Scheduling Tweets
- Scheduling tweets can result in low conversation which is bad for twitter as there will be lesser social networking.
- Scheduling tweets can be annoying for some as they cannot interact with people, because they are not present at that time.
- As scheduled tweets are a little old, so there are chances that the tweets are little old and may not make sense in the present context.
That’s just some of the points I could think of. What is your opinion on scheduling tweets?? Is it Good or Bad