Blog Godown has received a lot of guest posts lately and receiving a lot of requests after it was opened for everyone. To promote guest blogging on Blog Godown, I am starting a contest which will be a competition among bloggers.
And a side note to this, It is not at all a joke, if you’re thinking it is connected to April Fools Day in any manner.
The Guest blogging Contest : Prizes and Guidelines
The contest has started along with our media partner myblogguest and I would urge to join the forum so that you are up to date with contest updates and announcements. The official forum thread is where all the details and winners will be announced.
A Word From Our Sponsors
- Contest Organizer – Blog Godown – A Blog about Blog Tips and Social Media
- Media Partner – My Blog Guest – A Guest Blogging Forum – The best forum to find guest bloggers and blogs to guest blog.
- Harsh Aggarwal is the owner of Shoutmeloud – A blog where he shares his blogging tips and he also provides Blogspot to WordPress migration service.
- Theme MX – A fresh WordPress theme designed to help your new or existing blog grow to brand new heights. It has features like Infinite customization, hook support, squeeze forms, perfect SEO, built in link-masking, twitter integration and a whole lot more.
- Gabfire Premium Themes – A set of premium wordpress themes for a fresh breathe to your site?
- Gorilla Themes – These themes are different from others because they make plugins of their own. They take the extra time when programming their themes to save you hours of time managing your site.
- PG Enterprises – A web hosting companies which provides shared, dedicated, semi-dedicated, and virtual private server webhosting technologies.
- WP Review Engine makes it easy to build powerful review sites quickly. You can review anything from restaurants, hotels, and ski resorts to web hosts and computer software. WP Zon Builder allows you to easily add hundreds of Amazon products to any WordPress installation in minutes
- Joldiamonds offers design services like logo design, ad banner design and business card design. Other than this it offers a twitter package to brand your twitter account.
- StudioPress themes are a perfect solution for small businesses or individuals looking to establish their online presence with a WordPress blog or website.
- ZK runs a web marketing blog and offers blog coaching services
- Marko Saric is a blogger and he writes articles on all things blogging at How To Make My Blog. He helps bloggers with their WordPress
blogs, with Thesis Theme, with branding, blog promotion, search engine optimization, and affiliate marketing.
- In clear, easy-to-read language, Digging into WordPress shows you how to tap WordPress’ potential and take your site to the next level. From setup, configuration and customization to syndication, security and optimization, Digging into WordPress gives you everything you need to maximize the success of your site.
- Elegant Themes – It is the cheapest premium themes club. You just pay 19.95$ per year and get access to updated list of premium wordpress themes.
- Viper Chill – A blog by glen. He helps people build remarkable websites that gain traffic through viral marketing. A remarkable blog if you are looking to succeed.
- Jacob Cass is a graphic, web and logo designer. Just Creative Design is a great design website by Jacob where you can learn to improve your design.
Prizes Updated! from $1348.65 to 1452.05$
Prizes for Guest Bloggers
- 300$ worth WordPress SEO optimization or Blogger to WordPress Conversion for one blog by Shoutmeloud.com
- 194$ worth 2 Theme MX Pro Licenses by theme.mx
- 180$ worth 3 Themes by gabfirethemes.com
- 99.95$ worth a single site license to WPReviewEngine by www.wpreviewengine.com
- 90$ worth a twitter package complete with full logo branding as well as one business card design complete with logo by www.joidiamonds.com
- 83.4$ worth 2 linux webhosting accounts with 6 months of free hosting by www.pgesystems.com *NEW
- 79.95$ worth 1 Genesis Theme Framework + Child Theme/Support package by studiopress.com
- 75$ worth blog consultancy on Skype for 60 min by Zubin Kutar webtrafficroi.com
- 70$ worth 1 Theme by gorillathemes.com
- 69$ worth license to WPZonBuilder by wpzonbuilder.com
- 59.85$ worth 3 Twitter marketing ebooks by howtomakemyblog.com
- 54$ worth 2 copies of Digging into WordPress
- 39.90$ worth 2 elegant themes membership
- 37$ worth 1 copy of Cloud Living by Viperchill.com
- 30 minute design consultuation by justcreativedesign.com
We are only accepting prizes like cash, services, themes and products related to blogging. If you are interested in sponsoring the contest, then contact us.
We will be rewarding 5 best guest bloggers. So, there is a high probability that you get to win. Even if you don’t you will still gain from guest blogging, as it is a win-win situation. We will announce the winners in the Blog Godown Forum post.
15 lucky people who will tweet this contest will win a free license to Twitter Auto Follower. Higher the number of tweets, more is the chance that you win.
What are the Requirements?
For a Guest Blogger, the requirements are as follows:
- Write a quality on any of these topics: Blogging Tips, SEO, Blog Promotion, Social Media, Making Money Online, Internet Marketing and Web Design
- The article should follow our guest posting guidelines
How To Promote?
- Promote your articles on social media and other websites so that you get more comments and retweets.
- Post about this contest on your blog and link to our sponsors and if you like, to this contest too. This will be good for the contest promotion.
Examples of Some Good Guest Articles which you should see in order to win the prize:
How to Win:
The articles submitted by the guest bloggers will be marked on the following factors:
- Quality of the article
- No. of comments (No Spam Comments)
- No of tweets
The last two factors are very important and each participant will get 1 point for every valuable comment or tweet. The ones that get to the top 5 slots will win the prizes.
Quality of articles will also ensure that you get more comments and retweets for your article. Quality of articles will be marked on a scale of 1 to 10 points by independent judges.
If the total of the points is the same for two participants, then the quality of articles will be used as a tie breaker
The contest starts from today and It will end on 15th May (Updated). The winners will be announced 1-2 weeks after the end of the contest.
Best of Luck
Good luck to all the participants. May the best ones win!