Search Engine Optimization helps build a great traffic source from major search engine providers like google, bing and yahoo. Previously i wrote about how to do image search engine optimization and how to add blogger to google webmaster tools. This is the post is on optimizing blog title for search engine optimization.
Every search engine firstly looks for the title and page link for the match fr a query, then it looks for the query in the post content. So to get a higher rank in search engines, you have to optimize your title and link. Blogger links are already optimized like (for example 350+ Fresh Twitter Icons has the link http://www.bloggodown.com/2009/08/350-fresh-twitter-icons.html which is perfectly optimized), but there is a need for optimization which is by default as Blog Name: Blog Posts Title ( eg. Blog Godown: 350+ Fresh Twitter Icons).
To optimize the title the post title should come before blog title.
Here’s a preview:
Here is a simple hack to do this:
1. Go to the Layout> Edit Html.
2. Download Full Template (For Backup).
3. Search for the following code:
4. Replace the code by the following code:
<b:if cond=’data:blog.pageType == "index"’>
<title><data:blog.pageName/> | <data:blog.title/></title>
5. You can also remove the title of the blog after post title by removing <data:blog.title/> from the code above.
6. You can also add tags to your blog title by adding it after <data:blog.title/> in the previous code.
7. After editing all the code. Save the Template and it’s done.
Check your title at each post and you will see the result.
This will be the end result when you see in google search