One day you are editing your previous post and you unintentionally pressed the delete button. Now what? You lost your content and there is no way to retrieve it, but what if you had a backup of all the posts and comments? Then you have nothing to worry. Even if you lose any data, you can always retrieve it from the backup.
Now the question is, how does one backup the blogger posts and comments?
Here is how:
1. Login to your Account.
2. Go to the settings and then click on Export Blog and then on Download Blog.
3. After downloading the file, make a new blog(This is where the posts will be dumped).
4. Then Go to the settings of the new blog.
5. Click on Import Blog and upload the previously downloaded file.
6. Also change the option to Add your blog to our listings? and Let search engines find your blog? to No. This is done so as to make the backup blog unsearchable, else this content would be considered as a copy of the original blog and hence will decrease the page rank of your original blog.
Note: You can also use the .xml file downloaded as it is if you don’t want to backup it in a blogger blog.